Now available on Gumroad
Hi folks! Peter Ullrich here
I’m happy to announce my very first video course called
Build an MVP with Elixir!
This course teaches you how to quickly develop a real-world product and to make it available it to the world. Together, we will create a real-world application called blogcash.app using Phoenix LiveView, deploy it to Fly.io, add payments to it using LemonSqueezy, and much more. You will learn everything you need to build your own product and to get paid for it!
The course is meant for new developers and developers new to Elixir, but it’s also useful for experienced developers who want to release their own product.
Main topics of the Course
In 27 videos with a total length of 6.5 hours, we will cover the following topics and more:
- Set up your Local Development Environment
- Install Elixir and Erlang using Homebrew and asdf
- Install VSCode Extensions for Elixir
- Use Docker Compose for running a Postgres Database
- Create your first Phoenix Application and:
- Add User Authentication
- Add a Checkout with LemonSqueezy
- Use Tailwind and TailwindUI for rapid prototyping
- Use ChatGPT to add content
- Hack and secure your app using Burpsuite
- Add free illustrations from DrawKit and undraw
- Deploy your product to Fly.io with:
- a custom Domain
- User Analytics with Plausible.io
- a Mailing Service using Mailgun
- a Continuous Deployment Pipeline from GitHub
- Learn just enough theory about Phoenix and LiveView to get you started. We will cover:
- How does Phoenix handle a Request from top to bottom?
- How does LiveView update the website without reloading?
- How does the Phoenix folder structure work?
Aside from these topics, you will also learn the basics of writing Elixir code, how to add your own pages to your application, how to add custom CSS, and more.
After this course, you’ll have all the tools to build your own product!
Who am I?
I am Peter Ullrich. I’ve been working with Elixir for more than 4 years now and love sharing my Elixir knowledge through my blog, YouTube Channel, Twitter Account, on Podcasts, or at major Conferences.
Why this course?
I love Elixir, but believe that it’s not easy to get started with it. I learn best by doing, so I created this course to teach newcomers just enough Elixir and LiveView to get them started using a real-world example. After this course, I believe that you know enough Elixir to continue your learning journey on your own. If you just got an Elixir job (congrats!), this course will help you to hit the ground running
For whom is this course?
You will learn everything you need to know to build your first Elixir application on your own.
Developers new to Elixir.
This course teaches you the basics and will get you up to speed with Elixir. If you just accepted an Elixir job, this course will allow you to hit the ground running!
All Developers who want to release a product.
If you’re experienced with Elixir, but don’t know how to deploy your application and get paid by your users, this course is for you too!
What does the course not do?
This course explains some basic theory of how Phoenix and LiveView work, but it is not a technical deep dive into Elixir, Phoenix, or Phoenix LiveView. It gives you recommendations for further readings though, in case you want to learn more.
As part of this course, you will have access to the following:
- 27 Videos of 6.5 hours total length
- The code of the more extensive demo project: blogcash.app
- The final code of the project that we’re building together: cashblog.app
- 8 intermediate code versions of cashblog.app to make it easier to follow along
- A support document with code snippets and further resources
Where can I buy it?
The course is now available on Gumroad See you there!