Build developer tools using Elixir at Xkit

Introductory paragraph

Xkit is building the integration platform for developers. It’s a tool that makes building integrations to SaaS services easier by abstracting away end-user authentication. Xkit is built entirely in Elixir (using Phoenix) and uses React on the front-end. We’re well-funded by well-known investors including Y Combinator and Initialized Capital.

We’re growing and we can’t keep up with demands from our users, so we need some help!

About us

My name: Trey Griffith
My position: Founder/CEO
Company name: Xkit
Company info and history:

I’m the sole developer of Xkit, a developer tool that was borne out a problem I experience while building another company: building integrations to 3rd party services even as an experienced developer, was way too hard and annoying. A few months ago I launched on Hacker News and Product Hunt and since then I’ve been adding new connectors (up to 40 from 15) and new styles of integrations (API keys and org-wide integrations are the latest).

But now I can’t keep up with the new integrations requests, so I need some help!

We’re a Y Combinator company, and our lead investor is Initialized Capital.

Xkit is built in Elixir using Phoenix and runs on React on the front-end. We deploy everything on AWS (you may have seen my blog post about this.

About the job

Job title: Backend Software Engineer
Job description:
Salary range: $60-$120/hr
Position on remote work: Remote required, time zone +/-3 hours from Pacific Time preferred
Qualifications or experience required: 3+ years professional software development experience
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
Primarily adding new connectors to 3rd party services like Zoom, Salesforce, and Zendesk. Working with our existing OAuth2 and API key infrastructure to add new connectors, and improving that infrastructure so we can add more connectors more quickly.

About the interview process

1. Triplebyte multiple choice programming test
  2. Phone call with me
  3. Send over a repo showing some of your work in Elixir

that’s it! I like doing contracts so I can get started quickly.

Further info

This is a short term contract job because I need some help quickly, but if the company keeps growing and we work well together, I’m open to full time arrangements.

Please send me a note: trey at my company’s domain.

4 Likes

:wave:

Good luck on the search. I just wanted to note that zoom api can be generated similar to elixir-google-api. That’s what I used when I needed an integration with zoom and there weren’t any libraries around written in Elixir (maybe that has changed). I didn’t use the generated API extensively so don’t know how well it worked, but auth, fetching my account and meeting worked fine.

1 Like

Yeah there are some good code generators out there. The problem that I’m trying to solve is that it varies so widely between providers. For example, I just implemented OAuth for a provider yesterday that was almost completely undocumented.

So rather than gambling each time, if you use Xkit you can just skip thinking about the authentication entirely. It brings with it some nice architectural (get tokens in any service) and security (don’t worry about encrypting tokens and rotating encryption) benefits.

1 Like

I think there was a small misunderstanding. I meant to share some unsolicited advice about zoom integration, not imply that generators can be used in place of your service. Sorry :slight_smile:

No worries, no offense taken! We’re all just trying to make building software better :slight_smile: