xlive
Hey there!
I’m testing MacOS Sonoma 14.0 Beta (currently in a M1 MBPro) as I wanted to get hands on it for some future projects..
After the upgrade, I’ve discovered I cannot use iex, mix or any erlang related command anymore ![]()
I’ve tried with my current installation (asdf) and also installing elixir with brew. Any of them works unfortunately..
The error I get is the following:
mix compile
[1] 69035 bus error mix compile
But I can still run python, ruby and the rest of my usual tools.
Has anyone run into the same problem?
Or do you know a way how could I debug better the error maybe?
Thanks a lot community!
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 46 to 37- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sergio
Just hit this error on my Mac after not turning it on/using it for a few months.
Had to use OTP 26 and these values all worked:
elurker
For anyone on Nix,
elixir_26is now available from “unstable” channel. Seems to work like a charm.garazdawi
Erlang/OTP 25.3.2.7 has been released which disables the JIT automatically on MacOS. So if you update to that version there is no need to have
--disable-jitinKERL_CONFIGURE_OPTIONS.Ivanhoe
What a great question?
Step
2.1 I reinstall
asdfusing:Thanks @dimitarvp =D
dimitarvp
How will you install stuff with
asdfif you just uninstalled it?Ivanhoe
Hi guys, in my case i was using
asdfso i reinstall everything:jaimeiniesta
I also got hit by this bus
Thanks all for your tips, in my case, I fixed it with:
As in OTP25 bus error on Mac OS Sonoma · Issue #7687 · erlang/otp · GitHub
Everything is running fine now!
zakdoekjer
In my case a simple
brew upgrade; brew updateresolved the issue. Running Elixir 1.15.6 on OTP 26 on a M1, 2020.c4710n
I also add another solution for this.
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/257880#issuecomment-1744294048
zoedsoupe
For those who uses nix you acn easily override the configure flags for the erlang compiling, as I show in this example to make
elixir-lswork again:https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/257880#issuecomment-1743824091