robinvdvleuten
I’ve created a Phoenix Umbrella project containing two applications. They will both be served as separate endpoints. To share assets between them, I’ve created a new application called “assets”, which sole purpose is to have the “/priv/static” directory. Now I would like to share the assets with both endpoints, and I already configured the static plug for that;
plug Plug.Static,
at: "/",
from: :example_assets,
gzip: true,
only: ~w(css fonts images js favicon.ico robots.txt)
This works perfect in development. But when I build and start an release of one the endpoints, I run into the following error;
[error] Could not find static manifest at "/app/example_web/lib/example_web-0.1.0/priv/static/cache_manifest.json". Run "mix phx.digest" after building your static files or remove the configuration from "config/prod.exs".
How do I make my “example_web” endpoint aware of the cache manifest file in the “example_assets” directory? Thanks in advance for any help!
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
I guess the cache manifest doesn’t yet support static assets in another application:
https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix/blob/3e1257c499ed51a67b072d73bf9b0397f68476dd/lib/phoenix/endpoint/supervisor.ex#L453-L467
You cannot use relative paths without
Application.app_diras mix and releases use different folder structures.robinvdvleuten
@LostKobrakai yeah I found about that as well
so I’ve made the “example_assets” app an endpoint. But how do I route these assets requests from the “example_web” endpoint to the “example_assets” endpoint?
LostKobrakai
You don’t. You should only use one endpoint and not forward to another one. You could forward to different routers though. Imo the better option would be a PR to phoenix to enable the config of e.g.
{:app, path}for: cache_static_manifest.robinvdvleuten
You’re correct, it is indeed not possible to forward any requests to another endpoint. I’ve created a PR in the Phoenix project to allow cache manifests from different apps (Load cache manifest from specified application by robinvdvleuten · Pull Request #3618 · phoenixframework/phoenix · GitHub).