marcdel

marcdel

I’ve got a super basic mix new app that prints the args from Burrito.Util.Args.get_arguments() and calls System.halt(0). That works fine. However! It seems like something is being cached somewhere because if I add or change the print statement, I see the change when running ./burrito_out/carne_asada_macos, but if I run the .exe version I still see the original message.

Here’s my build script:

rm -rf /Users/marc/Library/Application\ Support/.burrito/
rm -rf burrito_out/
rm -rf _build/
MIX_ENV=prod mix release --overwrite

Here are the debugging steps I’ve tried:
Running it with wine64 burrito_out/carne_asada_windows.exe
Running it on a Windows VM via Parallels
Running it on an actual Windows machine

Anyone run into this or have other ideas to try?

Compiling on MacOS Sonoma (update: I tried compiling in a Linux VM and see the same behavior)
elixir 1.14.4-otp-25
erlang 25.3
burrito from github main: {:burrito, github: "burrito-elixir/burrito"}

Showing Posts 1 to 1

ggwpez

ggwpez

Same issue, thought I was going crazy. Are you running it inside nix?
I ended up renaming the Burrito release for every release, this seems to invalidate the cache and fix the issue. Will be montoring my disk space, maybe one folder grows enough to show where it is caching that.

Something like this, and then undoing it by creating a backup file first:

TIMESTAMP=$(date +%s%3N)
sed -i "s/gm_node_bin:/gm_node_bin_${TIMESTAMP}:/g" mix.exs
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews