Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background
I have recently been able to run the demo app desktop-example-app showed in Elixir Berlin meetup February 2021 in my local Ubuntu machine:
- Elixir Berlin meetup February 2021 - YouTube
- GitHub - elixir-desktop/desktop-example-app: Elixir Sample App using the Desktop library with Live
However, in the event, @dominicletz mentions this can also run in Windows and MacOS.
Questions
Can I add mix release to the desktop-app and have a release that works for windows and Unix at the same time ?
I think this is not possible because the dependencies for Windows are different from the ones on Unix.
So I assume the only way of achieving this, would be to actually install Erlang 24.0.1 on Windows together with the latest version of Elixir and then do everything manually there.
Am I missing something?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
dominicletz
You can probably do build a release of both since windows .bat and .exe files do not conflict with the Linux binaries. But if you need to package for macOS as well it’s getting more involved as you’ve got to follow the mac app packaging rules.
I did not try creating a hybrid package ever. But have scripts to create one package each for windows, linux and macOS (each on a different vm). There is still some cleanup to do though before I can publish those scripts.
Best
LostKobrakai
They do not conflict, but erts compiled on linux won’t run on windows. It’s a matter of missing things in places they’re expected in less than things conflicting.
There’s also automation. Yes you can do those things manually, but many things can also be done in vms/docker/…. MacOS is just slightly more annoying given you need MacOS hardware to virtualize the OS.
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Do you happen to recommend any specific solution for virtualization of windows in Ubuntu?