dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Given this module:

defmodule A do
  @type size :: pos_integer()
  defguard is_size(x) when is_integer(x) and x > 0
  def default_size(), do: 1
end

…how do we make the below work without prefixes?

defmodule B do
  @type t :: %__MODULE__{size: size()}
  defstruct [size: default_size()]
  def put_size(opts, size) when is_list(opts) and is_size(size), do: Keyword.put(opts, :size, size)
end

Tried import A and require A, both don’t get the job done.

What elementary Elixir lesson I managed to forget?

Showing Posts 1 to 3

NobbZ

NobbZ

You should be able to import is_size/1 just by doing import A(, only: [is_size: 1]).

You can not import types though. The easiest way is to just alias them.

@type foo :: Foo.foo
15
Post #1
dimitarvp

dimitarvp OP

Yeah. I just import the guards and prefix the types. Seems there’s no actual seamless way to import everything in one go without any prefixes. Thank you.

RobertDober

RobertDober

You might also group your types into a module like so


defmodule MyApp.Types do

    defmacro __using__(_opts) do 
          quote do
             @type greek_t :: :alpha | :beta
             @type mystruct_t :: MyApp.MyStruct.t # Beware of circulars here!!
          end
    end
...
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews