ijunaidfarooq
I have a simple GenServer making an HTTP request
defmodule GamePlay do
use GenServer
alias Wrapper
def start_link(_args) do
GenServer.start_link(__MODULE__, %{}, name: __MODULE__)
end
def init(state) do
{:ok, state, {:continue, :put_mapping}}
end
def handle_continue(:put_mapping, state) do
mapping = %{
"index_patterns" => ["game_play-*"]
}
config = Application.get_env(:search_flask, :elasticsearch_seeds, [])
if Keyword.get(config, :enabled?, true) do
Wrapper.create_template_mappings("game_play", mapping)
end
{:noreply, state}
end
end
and I am trying to put to test using Req, in Wrapper, I am sending an HTTP request using Req. but it only works once when I delete _build/test folder after that it stops working
defmodule GamePlayTest do
use ExUnit.Case, async: true
alias GamePlay
alias Wrapper
describe "GamePlay" do
setup do
on_exit(fn ->
Req.Test.verify_on_exit!()
end)
:ok
end
test "sends the correct request to Elasticsearch" do
Req.Test.stub(Wrapper, fn conn ->
Req.Test.json(
conn,
%{"acknowledged" => true}
)
end)
assert {:ok, pid} = GamePlay.start_link(%{})
assert %Req.Response{body: %{"acknowledged" => true}, status: 200} =
Req.get!(Application.get_env(:search_flask, :elasticsearch_req_options, []))
end
end
end
I have this in test.exs as well.
config :search_flask,
elasticsearch_req_options: [
plug: {Req.Test, Wrapper}
]
the is the error.
** (EXIT from #PID<0.570.0>) an exception was raised:
** (RuntimeError) cannot find mock/stub Wrapper in process #PID<0.571.0>
(req 0.5.6) lib/req/test.ex:399: Req.Test.__fetch_plug__/1
(req 0.5.6) lib/req/test.ex:632: Req.Test.call/2
(req 0.5.6) lib/req/steps.ex:927: Req.Steps.run_plug/1
(req 0.5.6) lib/req/request.ex:1103: Req.Request.run_request/1
(req 0.5.6) lib/req/request.ex:1047: Req.Request.run/1
(search_flask 1.3.0) lib/game_play.ex:47: GamePlay.handle_continue/2
(stdlib 6.0) gen_server.erl:2163: :gen_server.try_handle_continue/3
(stdlib 6.0) gen_server.erl:2072: :gen_server.loop/7
(stdlib 6.0) proc_lib.erl:329: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
the test is simple as well but it only reaches to Wrapper.create_template_mappings only once after that it just keep failing.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
al2o3cr
The issue is that you’re setting the stub in the test process, but then attempting to use the stub in the
GamePlayprocess.Using an explicit allowance should help - the second example for
Req.Testis nearly identical to your setup.ijunaidfarooq
Thank you. one last thing though when I add this geneserver to application.ex in children, this error rises again but without being in children list this works fine.
Should I just exclude them from children when running in test mode?
tubedude
@ijunaidfarooq I came up to a similar issue and solved like this:
Check that out and see if it helps. It is working. But I still don’t know if that is the best solution.
ijunaidfarooq
Thank you.