JackMaarek

JackMaarek

Hello guys,

I’m having trouble when I’m using cors_plug,
I have my front end app that uses elm to send GET or POST requests and uses preflight validation with OPTIONS request, I do get the translated post request but the parameters are empty.

I do not quite understand what’s the problem I think that the post request is sent in the body of the OPTIONS request and so the controller cannot get that body…
I followed the instructions of CorsPlug — cors_plug v3.0.3 to install and initialize cors to handle the preflight validation.

If someone got an idea I will be more than thankeful.
Thanks for your time and attention.

Ps: If you need any detailed information about the router or controller you can get everything on my repo: https://github.com/HETIC-MT-P2021/aio-group3-proj01/tree/feat_new-category-view or ask me on the topic I will be reactive.

Showing Posts 1 to 3

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Did you try it in dev mode, on your machine? If so, what did the Phoenix log/output look like?

JackMaarek

JackMaarek OP

Thanks for your time mate !

In fact the problem was coming from my headers sent by the front-end it was not generating the right content-type as the server-side was only accepting json and the content-type sent were application/json json.

This was a pain to debug because the inspection made on the parameters sent was not called as the request were not even reaching the controllers logic.

But this is also due to the fact that I only have a 3 weeks background on elixir/phoenix…

So if anyone has the same problem check your requests headers and be sure that you allow them through CORSplug options !

JackMaarek

JackMaarek OP

If anyone’s interested in checking the project here is the link : aio-elm-elixir

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews