StragaSevera
I have a problem when attempting to run a test inside of the VSCode (i.e. by clicking on a green triangle to the left of the test). The output I get in the debug window:
Started ElixirLS Debug Adapter v0.23.0
ElixirLS Debug Adapter built with elixir "1.17.2" on OTP "27"
Running on elixir "1.17.2 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 27)" on OTP "27"
Protocols are not consolidated
Starting debugger in directory: /home/ought/Coding/Elixir/sample_app
Running with MIX_ENV: test MIX_TARGET: host
Compiling 23 files (.ex)
error: module Plug.Builder is not loaded and could not be found. This may be happening because the module you are trying to load directly or indirectly depends on the current module
│
2 │ use Phoenix.Endpoint, otp_app: :sample_app
│ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
│
└─ lib/sample_app_web/endpoint.ex:2: SampleAppWeb.Endpoint (module)
== Compilation error in file lib/sample_app_web/endpoint.ex ==
** (CompileError) lib/sample_app_web/endpoint.ex: cannot compile module SampleAppWeb.Endpoint (errors have been logged)
(elixir 1.17.2) expanding macro: Kernel.use/2
lib/sample_app_web/endpoint.ex:2: SampleAppWeb.Endpoint (module)
(phoenix 1.7.14) expanding macro: Phoenix.Endpoint.__using__/1
lib/sample_app_web/endpoint.ex:2: SampleAppWeb.Endpoint (module)
(elixir 1.17.2) expanding macro: Kernel.use/2
This problem does not happen when I run the tests from the terminal window by mix test - this way tests work normally.
My tasks are the default ones - i.e.:
{
"version": "0.2.0",
"configurations": [
{
"type": "mix_task",
"name": "mix (Default task)",
"request": "launch",
"projectDir": "${workspaceRoot}"
},
{
"type": "mix_task",
"name": "mix test",
"request": "launch",
"task": "test",
"taskArgs": [
"--trace"
],
"startApps": true,
"projectDir": "${workspaceRoot}",
"requireFiles": [
"test/**/test_helper.exs",
"test/**/*_test.exs"
]
}
]
}
The repository of my simple project is here: https://github.com/StragaSevera/sample_app . The extension that I use is ElixirLS.
Is there any way to make this feature (running tests in IDE) work? It’s a dealbreaker for me =-)
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
StragaSevera
Figured it out myself - if somebody else has this problem, what you need to do is clear your project folder from all ide-configuration and build files (like folders
_build,.elixir-lsand so on), and then re-open the project. It will start working