tegmentum
Using Explorer, I have a df where rows have id, size columns. the df has multiple entries for 1 id, but sometimes has a nil in the size column.
I’m trying to grab all the ids that have at least 1 nil value in the size column, to later exclude them from my df.
I try this:
ids_to_exclude =
df
|> DataFrame.filter(size == nil)
But get the following error:
** (ArgumentError) cannot invoke Explorer.Series.equal/2 with mismatched dtypes: :string and nil
(explorer 0.8.1) lib/explorer/series.ex:6274: Explorer.Series.dtype_mismatch_error/3
#cell:jtyrwno7aej2bj3n:3: (file)
#cell:jtyrwno7aej2bj3n:3: (file)
I can’t figure out what’s the correct/expected approach to handling this without doing this in plain elixir.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks ![]()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Latest Livebook Threads
Latest on Elixir Forum
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
hugobarauna
You can do something like:
hugobarauna
Inside an Explorer Query, you can use any operation from Explorer.Series, like the
is_nil/1one.tegmentum
Hey Hugo, thanks for getting back to me. I ended up using
is_nillike this:followed by: