Dlacreme
Hi guys !
I need to run a one-time HTTP query in one of my projects, it needs to include a PEM certificate and since I was not able to find any documentation on how to do it with either hackney or mint, I decided to do it using System.cmd/2.
The valid CURL command looks like this:
curl --request POST \
--url https://xxxx \
--cert ./certdir/cert.pem \
--key ./certdir/cert-key.pem \
--verbose -H "Content-Type: application/json" \
-d '{"merchantIdentifier": "xxx", "domainName":"xxx","displayName":"xxx"}'
This works as expected. However, I tried many things but was not able to run the same command from Elixir. I tried as a single string, I tried with ~s, ~w etc… and I always end up with unmatched close brace/bracket in URL position 2: error.
This is what it looks like:
{res, _n} = System.cmd("curl", ~w[
https://xxx
--request POST
--cert ./certdir/cert.pem
--key ./certdir/cert-key.pem
-H 'Content-Type: application/json'
-d '{"merchantIdentifier": "xxx", "domainName":"xxx","displayName":"xxx"}
])
Any idea why it fails? I never got any issue with this and I am honestly confused about what’s happening and very frustrated to get stuck on such a small issue.
Thank you!
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
cmo
You might have some luck with
sslandhttpcfrom Erlang.And you can’t use
wif your args have spaces in them. Try a handcrafted list of strings.Plus, you’re missing a single quote at the end.
stefanchrobot
This is not producing the result you’re expecting.
'Content-Type: application/json'is getting split wrongly. I suggest using explicit strings:You can use the
~s()sigil for the last param to make it more readable.