ntamer
Hi All,
Please I need help as I’m very new to phoenix framework and elixir…
I’ve implemented a card and i want when a user clicks on the “x-mark” icon the card exits.
This is my code
Mount Function:
@impl true
def mount(params, _session, socket) do
user_id = socket.assigns.current_user.id
{
:ok,
socket
|> assign( :setup_card, true)
}
end
Handle function:
def handle_event(“hide_card”, _ , socket) do
{:noreply, assign(socket, :setup_card, false)}
end
Update funtion:
@impl true
def update(assigns, socket) do
IO.inspect(assigns)
{:ok,
socket
|> assign(assigns)}
end
HTML code icon:
<.icon name="hero-x-mark" class="w-5 h-5" />
Live_component of the whole card:
<.home_setup_account current_user={@current_user} setup_card={@setup_card} :if={@setup_card} />
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
slouchpie
ntamer
Thank you very much for your help, however, I’ve added this line and still it won’t working any other ideas?
ntamer
Thank you
slouchpie
When you tried this
phx-clickattribute, did you see anything in your logs when you clicked it?I am talking about the “logs” that appear in your shell/terminal when you run
mix phx.server.Maybe there is some log about the
"hide-card"event?Last question: are you using a LiveComponent (Phoenix.LiveComponent — Phoenix LiveView v1.2.5) or is it just a normal LiveView? If you are using a live component then you need to also use the
targetattribute, like this: