Charts for live view

Also, @sasajuric has some bespoke SVG chart rendering in the source code from one of his awesome talks that might be suitable. It’s not the centre piece of the talk. The leex template is here demo_system/example_system/lib/example_system_web/load/graph.html.leex at master · sasa1977/demo_system · GitHub

Finally, if you are happy to homebrew SVG you could take a look at some D3.js samples - I’ve been porting bits and pieces of the scale and axis libraries over to elixir (not too embarrassing but not ready to release yet). If you want to get really deep, search for papers by Hadley Wickham, author of ggplot (an R library providing a nice abstraction for translating data into graphics). I’m trying to build a “charting” library in elixir with ggplot type concepts, learning SVG and layout tricks from D3 (as R code is mighty hard to read with my level of knowledge). It’s happening in fits and starts due to many other commitments. If it ever gets to a reasonable state I’ll let you know - I started on it because I think backend rendered real-time dashboards would be awesome!

8 Likes