carlgleisner
In LiveView 1.0 (1.0.0-rc.7), I am using inputs_for/1 to render forms for a nested Ash resource and it’s working great with validation of the fields in the nested resource as well as validation of the attribute with the array of the resources itself.
So, I am able to show the error below the inputs_for/1 component. However, I’m unable to immediately use used_input?/1 in order to delay showing this error until the field of the attribute for the nested resource should be considered used, after submission in this case I would like to think.
Notably, the params do not include any entry for _unused_addresses which would have caused used_input?/1 to work.
- Is there an “idiomatic” way to handle this?
- Am I holding it wrong?
The attribute in question
attribute :addresses, {:array, MyApp.MyDomain.PostalAddress},
allow_nil?: false,
public?: true
The field in the form
<.inputs_for :let={address_form} field={@form[:addresses]}>
Thank you in advance for any insights ![]()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
zachdaniel
I believe this is fixed in
mainof Phoenix live view but not released yet.carlgleisner
Thanks Zach but I just checked on
mainand get the same result.Maybe you’re referring to this issue?
https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view/issues/2968
That fix from Chris fixed
used_input?/1for the fields on the nested resource itself though.carlgleisner
Retracting this last reply and investigating, sorry
carlgleisner
Hey I’d like to bump this post regarding using
inputs_foron a required attribute referring to an embedded schema and showing validation errors when left empty, but only when considered “used” in LiveView 1.0 terms.I’m running into this again and I, sincerely, cannot find any example or documentation to the effect.
While searching now I found this post on the forum (non Ash) where the poster @smon also attempted to show the errors manually within the
inputs_forbut faced the issue of the error message showing upon first validation, i.e. before it was “used” in the sense ofused_input?/1(that was not LiveView 1.0 I would guess).For now I’m just showing the error from the first validation but I’m getting questions about it.
zachdaniel
Since a lot of different things could be going on here, I think that the best thing to do here would be to make a reproduction.