Chocolatey Updates Thread

Because I know lots of folks here may want to know about this as well: Chcocolatey NuGet Package for Erlang updated to R19

I’ve just updated the Chocolatey NuGet Package to v1.3.0.

1 Like

The chocolatey nuget package for Elixir has been updated to 1.3.1

1 Like

For those 4 of us that use Rebar3 on Windows, I’ve just updated the Rebar3 package on Chocolatey NuGet to v3.1.1. Right now, it’s pending approval by the Chocolatey Admins but it should be approved later today (June 2, 2016). Anyway if you need Rebar3 and you’re working on Windows, I think this is the best way to get it.

1 Like

https://chocolatey.org/packages/Elixir/1.2.6

1 Like

For those folks impatiently awaiting the Elixir 1.3.2 Chocolatey NuGet Package–I tried to post it last night and ran into some issues. I will try to correct them and repost but it won’t be till Friday (9/9/16) at the earliest.

By the way many thanks to those folks trying to help with the package. Sorry Michael - - cannot recall the spelling of your last name and I am posting this from my phone so I can’t easily check it either.

1 Like

Even though I hate to reply to my own message–well here it is.

I know some people are waiting for the 1.3.2 Elixir CNG package (well now also 1.3.3). I hadn’t been working on it but recently I finally got a Windows VM stood up so I can work on it again. The issue is that the Elixir install tries to install Erlang. And the Erlang silent install (which the CNG tests use) is currently broken. So I’m blocked on getting Elixir going until I can get Erlang fixed. I believe I’m pretty close; it’s griping about the checksum on the file now and I think I had a bad download or something of that sort. Once I get the Erlang CNG package right, the Elixir packages should be a comparative cake walk for me.

By the way since it’s been so hard for me to get a Windows machine to work on if anyone is willing to help out and take over the maintenance of the Elixir CNG package feel free to reply. I have no issue whatever with handing it off to someone who has access to a Windows machine and who’s willing to see to it that it’s kept updated. Before 1.3.2 I had a pretty good track record of getting new CNG packages ready as soon as new versions of the precompiled zip were available.

oc

1 Like

Elixir 1.3.2 is posted now as is Erlang 19.1. Hope to get 1.3.3 up in the next couple of days as well as rebar 3.3.1. Please share this with others who may be interested.

2 Likes

For those who care, Elixir 1.3.3 is now available on ChocolateyNuGet. https://chocolatey.org/packages/Elixir/1.3.3

Elixir v1.3.4 is now available on Chocolatey NuGet

2 Likes

https://chocolatey.org/packages/Elixir/1.4.0

2 Likes

Hi @Onor.io, I hope you don’t mind but I merged all of your Chocolatey Update threads into this one :slight_smile:

I think this allows for a more meaningful search on the term and also means users can subscribe to this thread if they want to keep track of updates :023:

1 Like

That’s fine @AstonJ but since the ChocolateyNuGet package is sort of an official piece of Elixir (I mean it is mentioned on the Elixir-Lang.org site), maybe you could move this thread over to the Elixir News area? Just a suggestion, of course.

1 Like

Hi all,

Because I know a lot of folks who use Elixir are also interested in Erlang, the Chocolatey NuGet Package for Erlang is now up to 19.2. I also submitted an updated package for Rebar (to bring it up to 3.3.4) but that’s currently stuck in moderation for some reason.

FWIW, I believe I’m going to leave this forum so in future, if you want to hear about updates to any of these CNG packages, maybe check the CNG site itself or follow me on Twitter or check Reddit.

4 Likes