TwistingTwists

TwistingTwists

What tools does the community use for a CI/CD pipeline in Elixir?

I haven’t seen much discussion around it.

This is only something I could track.

Enlightenment needed here! :slight_smile:

Edit : clarifications

  1. CI/CD FOR elixir projects = how is it different for say, nodejs project?
  2. Do we have a CI/CD pipeline tool IN Elixir FOR Elixir projects? Would Ci/CD in Elixir have an advantage over CI/CD not IN Elixir ?

Showing Posts 1 to 6

egze

egze

Does it have to be written in Elixir? Or CI/CD for Elixir projects?

TwistingTwists

TwistingTwists OP

clarified the original question - it has two parts

  1. CI/CD FOR Elixir
  2. CI/CD IN Elixir.
axelson

axelson

Scenic Core Team

For both 1 and 2 you should take a look at ci by @sasajuric GitHub - sasa1977/ci: CI/CD toolkit as a library · GitHub

For 1 I think most people writing web applications use either GitHub actions, circle ci, Travis ci, and probably a couple others.

sasajuric

sasajuric

Author of Elixir In Action

CI is still far from being usable. Due to personal life events I wasn’t able to invest much time in it. But it’s something I definitely want to work on further, once I find some breathing space.

I briefly mentioned some possible advantages in this Twitter thread.

TwistingTwists

TwistingTwists OP

Notice the parallel function used to run multiple independent commands separately. Beyond reducing the execution time, this will report both errors (code is not formatted and some tests are failing) in a single pass, which AFAIK is already an improvement over many existing CIs.

— Saša Jurić (@sasajuric)


This is my personal favourite! from the twitter thread above!!

TwistingTwists

TwistingTwists OP

Would you mind giving a heads up as to

  1. What are low hanging issues in your github repo that one could resolve and familiarise oneself more with ci library - (GitHub - sasa1977/ci: CI/CD toolkit as a library · GitHub) ?

  2. What simultaneous reading / experimentation should one do (no prior experience in CI ) to better contribute to this library ?

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
jtormey
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews