Coding LiveView talk with Bruce Tate

Keywords: LiveView autocomplete, LiveView search, focus

Startups and web developers take note. Phoenix LiveView is the revolutionary framework that allows rapid development of real time web interactive applications without custom JavaScript. You read that right the first time, and the Elixir community is buzzing. So far, the performance numbers have been nothing short of earth shattering.

In this session, you’ll see how it all works. We will do some live coding to show you LiveView under the hood.

Bruce Tate is a kayaker, climber, programmer and father of two from Chattanooga, Tennessee. A serial entrepreneur, he has helped start three companies, and most recently served as CTO for icanmakeitbetter. The author of more than a dozen books is active in the Elixir community as a speaker, author, editor and conference organizer. His love for teaching and computer languages led him to found Groxio in 2018.

By @redrapids

17 Likes

Was a lot of fun. I never imagined I would be live coding anything to do with rich clients.

4 Likes

It was a great talk Bruce - I loved your enthusiasm - the sort that is infectious :003: which I’m sure will help entice many others to give Elixir/Phoenix a try. The more talks like this the better imo :smiley:

1 Like