BradS2S

BradS2S

I’m curious if anyone is familiar with Elixir projects that involve collaborative canvasing like einblick.ai or Lucidchart. It seems like maybe a statically typed language like Scala might be better for doing the math but I like the fact that you can use erlang to run python which would be interesting in the case of manipulating panda dataframes with multiple users.

Showing Posts 1 to 6

derpycoder

derpycoder

That is awesome.

However I’m not sure if you have seen Livebook.

Soon it will have all the features you are looking for!! It already has collaboration nailed down.

BradS2S

BradS2S OP

OK. This is exactly why I come to these forums bc lots I don’t know still. :slight_smile:

Edit: apparently I have two accounts but this is the same person as above.

Sebb

Sebb

[citation needed]

derpycoder

derpycoder

I think this might be it while trying to find out how to do, what I used to do with Python & Pandas.

Dataframes explorer:

https://github.com/elixir-nx/explorer

Explorer with LiveBook:

https://github.com/elixir-nx/explorer/blob/main/notebooks/exploring_explorer.livemd


@Sebb,

The reason I wrote Soon it will have all the features you are looking for, is because:

LiveBook is geared towards Machine Learning & Data Science tasks. It’s given that these feature eventually get added to it, else it will remain a fancy distributed editor.

BradS2S

BradS2S OP

Thank yout! I’m sitting down for the wekend to make some progress. This is great.

dpreston

dpreston

This might be helpful as well

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews