dfalling
I’m trying to move to colocated hooks following the LiveView 1.1 Changelog.
I think I made all the necessary changes, but when my colocated hooks compile, they’re named simply ModuleName. The hook name is nowhere to be seen. Did I miss a crucial step of the migration, or is there something else I’m doing wrong?
Example hook:
defmodule IdoWeb.EmojiComponents do
use Phoenix.Component
alias Phoenix.LiveView.ColocatedHook
def input(assigns) do
~H"""
<span>
<input
id={@id}
phx-hook=".EmojiInput"
/>
<script :type={ColocatedHook} name=".EmojiInput">
import { createPopup } from "@picmo/popup-picker";
export default {
mounted() {
const input = this.el;
const picker = createPopup(
//...
Console error:
unknown hook found for “IdoWeb.EmojiComponents.EmojiInput”
Build directory:
_build/dev/phoenix-colocated/ido
├── IdoWeb.EmojiComponents
│ └── 20_stqqlse4fjjmkwaxmhvwqdkgdu.js
Thanks!
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
RomainT
Hi!
Same issue here in production. Did you find a solution?
Thanks!
dfalling
No, I just gave up on co-located hooks. Nearly all of my hooks have external dependencies (they’re importing other JS libraries) and I couldn’t find a clean way to do that. I’m hoping a future evolution of co-located hooks improves on this.
didus
Hi,
Same issue. I’m using co-located hook within a LC but no way to get it work, yet I can see it the _build dir. I’m on phoenix_live_view 1.1.3 and phoenix 1.8.0.
steffend
You need to ensure that:
Try to read the `20_stqqlse4fjjmkwaxmhvwqdkgdu.js` file you’ve shown in your output. You should see the hook name in that file.