Hasimbola
Hello everybody,
I use two databases:
SQL Server and Postgres
I want to compare and Synchronize value in SQL Server and Postgres
Can somebody help me or given to me a directive about it because I don’t know how it works at all
Thanks! ![]()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
al2o3cr
Can you provide more detail about what you’re trying to do? Based on “compare and synchronize value”, I don’t know what it is.
Hasimbola
I will read data from a sql server table and compare the contents with those of a table in postgres, and if there is a value in the sql server table that does not match that of the table in postgres, the value is inserted into the Postgres table, but if the value is in the Postgres table but not in the SQL server table, it will be deleted
al2o3cr
There are lots of ways to approach a problem like this.
The first one is to avoid it entirely: add code to whatever’s writing to the SQL Server database to either write to the Postgres DB directly, or to invoke an API / send an event / etc that does the write to Postgres.
Another option would be to use an off-the-shelf Change Data Capture (CDC) tool for SQL Server to (again) send changes to a system you build that writes to Postgres.
Since you’re discarding data that’s written from the Postgres side, yet another option would be a Foreign Data Wrapper (FDW) that allows Postgres to query the SQL Server DB from Postgres. For instance, the Postgres docs call out
tds_fdwspecifically for SQL Server.dimitarvp
There’s a ton of ways to do this as @al2o3cr said and I doubt this is actually Elixir-related.
Do you control both databases? Do you control the app(s) that write to either / both?
Hasimbola
Hey, it’s entirely Elixir-related, that I want to do is a program who do synchronization of data in SQL Server and Postgres
I have two databases linked to my application, the SQL Server already contains data in thousands, and the Postgres is empty, I have an interface that adds data (the added data is stored in Postgres), So after insert values, I make a comparison of the data of the two databases, if the value is already present in SQL Server, I delete the one in Postgres but if the value is not yet, I add it, and all that with Elixir
My references is the data into a SQL Server,