lardcanoe
In my local dev, when I start the server, it ALWAYS compiles. Even if I have not changed any code. This is annoying, and hopefully someones knows why.
My main question is even after this compile, when I make the first request, it compiles AGAIN.
✗ mix phx.server
Compiling 152 files (.ex)
Generating MyApp.Cldr for 2 locales named [:en, :und] with a default locale named :en
Compiling lib/myapp/.../resource1.ex (it's taking more than 10s)
Compiling lib/myapp/.../resource2.ex (it's taking more than 10s)
Compiling lib/myapp/.../resource3.ex (it's taking more than 10s)
Compiling lib/myapp/.../resource4.ex (it's taking more than 10s)
Compiling lib/myapp/cldr.ex (it's taking more than 10s)
Compiling lib/myapp/.../resource5.ex (it's taking more than 10s)
Compiling lib/myapp/.../resource6.ex (it's taking more than 10s)
Generated myapp app
[info] Running MyAppWeb.Endpoint with Bandit 1.5.7 at 127.0.0.1:4000 (http)
[info] Access MyAppWeb.Endpoint at http://localhost.dev:4000
[watch] build finished, watching for changes...
[info] {"message":"notifier only receiving messages from its own node, functionality may be degraded","source":"oban","event":"notifier:switch","connectivity_status":"solitary"}
Rebuilding...
Done in 2711ms.
Now I make the first request, and:
Compiling 67 files (.ex)
Compiling lib/myapp/.../resource1.ex (it's taking more than 10s)
Compiling lib/myapp/.../resource2.ex (it's taking more than 10s)
Compiling lib/myapp/.../resource3.ex (it's taking more than 10s)
Generated myapp app
Almost all those it's taking more than 10s are Ash resource files. Also wish I knew why that was so bad.
hex.outdated:
phoenix 1.7.14 1.7.14 Up-to-date
phoenix_ecto 4.6.2 4.6.2 Up-to-date
phoenix_html 4.1.1 4.1.1 Up-to-date
phoenix_live_dashboard 0.8.4 0.8.4 Up-to-date
phoenix_live_reload 1.5.3 1.5.3 Up-to-date
phoenix_live_view 0.20.17 0.20.17 Up-to-date
mix xref graph --format cycles --label compile shows No cycles found
elixir 1.17.2-otp-27
erlang 27.0.1
Sadly, I have no clue when this started. I haven’t really paid attention to startup for months since I rarely had to do it.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
zachdaniel
Have you confirmed that on a different computer but the same project that this happens? That would be the first step.