nix2intel

nix2intel

i’m using the new ash installer and i’m getting an error right after compiling igniter

  • running mix deps.compile

We are almost there! The following steps are missing:

$ cd test

Then configure your database in config/dev.exs and run:

$ mix ecto.create

Start your Phoenix app with:

$ mix phx.server

You can also run your app inside IEx (Interactive Elixir) as:

$ iex -S mix phx.server

installing igniter :check_mark:
compiling igniter ⢽
compiling igniter :check_mark:
** (Mix) Can’t continue due to errors on dependencies

how can I get it to work, it looks like ash isn’t in the dependencies for the application in mix.exs, any help would be appreciated.

Showing Posts 1 to 10

nix2intel

nix2intel OP


are the options i’m using. I’m new to ash and just trying this out for a hobby project, and i may be doing this wrong so please let me know :smiley:

I tried running just the options from the already have an app and I get this:

Issues:

  • ** (Rewrite.SourceError) could not write to file “lib/test/application.ex”: file changed since reading

Successfully installed:

  • ash
  • ash_phoenix
  • ash_postgres
  • ash_authentication
  • ash_authentication_phoenix
  • ash_csv
  • ash_admin
  • ash_state_machine
  • ash_paper_trail
  • cloak
  • ash_cloak
zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

What OS are you using? we’ve seen this error a few times and are still trying to pin it down. So far it’s only presented on windows and ChromeOS. today I will be getting Elixir set up on my windows PC to see if I can replicate.

nix2intel

nix2intel OP

This is on an arm linux box (asahi linux) the plot thickens :slight_smile:

nix2intel

nix2intel OP

I know this is a plea for help but this is really cool i’ll add!

shifters98

shifters98

I am getting the same error on ubuntu 24.04 on ryzen 5600 with erlang OTP 26 and elixir 1.15.7

sh <(curl ‘https://ash-hq.org/new/test?install=phoenix’)
&& cd test
&& mix igniter.install
ash_phoenix ash_postgres ash_authentication
ash_authentication_phoenix ash_admin ash_state_machine
–auth-strategy password
–yes

warning: Macro.Env.define_alias/4 is undefined or private
Invalid call found at 2 locations:
lib/spitfire/env.ex:178: Spitfire.Env.expand/3
lib/spitfire/env.ex:478: Spitfire.Env.alias_defmodule/3

warning: Macro.Env.define_import/4 is undefined or private
lib/spitfire/env.ex:209: Spitfire.Env.expand/3

warning: Macro.Env.define_require/4 is undefined or private
lib/spitfire/env.ex:193: Spitfire.Env.expand/3

warning: Macro.Env.expand_alias/4 is undefined or private
lib/spitfire/env.ex:137: Spitfire.Env.expand/3

warning: Macro.Env.expand_import/5 is undefined or private
lib/spitfire/env.ex:308: Spitfire.Env.expand/3

warning: Macro.Env.expand_require/6 is undefined or private
lib/spitfire/env.ex:274: Spitfire.Env.expand/3

installing igniter :check_mark:
compiling igniter ⣷
compiling igniter :check_mark:
** (Mix) Can’t continue due to errors on dependencies

Any ideas?

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

It appears I was wrong, this happens for me as well, on Mac. this is not the same as the OS specific bug. Working on it now.

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

Hey folks, mind trying again?

nix2intel

nix2intel OP

I’m picking up some items from store will try right when i get back.

shifters98

shifters98

Yes that works now!

Many thanks!

Now to go have a play!

Shifters

nix2intel

nix2intel OP

Working here too!

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews