BryanJBryce

BryanJBryce

config :ash, :utc_datetime_type, :datetime

I’m doing this configuration in my project, I can’t remember why, it was probably in one of the official guides.

My question is: is this using millisecond or second precision timestamps? What other options are there instead of :datetime?

Showing Posts 1 to 4

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

Ah, interesting…thats pretty frustrating. That should say config :ash_graphql, ...

Here is the relevant error message if its not set


   No type configured for utc_datetimes!

    The existing default of using `:naive_datetime` for `:utc_datetime` and `:utc_datetime_usec` is being deprecated.

    To prevent accidental API breakages, we are requiring that you configure your selected type for these, via

        # This was the previous default, so use this if you want to ensure no unintended
        # change in your API, although switching to `:datetime` eventually is suggested.
        config :ash, :utc_datetime_type, :naive_datetime

        or

        config :ash, :utc_datetime_type, :datetime

    When the 1.0 version of ash_graphql is released, the default will be changed to `:datetime`, and this error message will
    no longer be shown (but any configuration set will be retained indefinitely).
zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

To be clear, it’s configured wrongly on our end in :ash_graphql.

BryanJBryce

BryanJBryce OP

Sorry, I’m still not clear if :datetime is second or usec

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

Its referring to absinthe’s builtin :datetime type (the graphql type, not the ash type), which ISO8601 formats any given datetime, so IIRC it will have microseconds or not, depending on what the datetime given to it has.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews