lc0815
on a windows 10 with all updates installed I keep getting this error when trying to run Elixr -v when installing elixir 1.14.3 with Erlang 24.
when installing elixir 1.14.3 with erlang 25 I then get a bunch of compilation errors asking for a re-compile with elrang v25,
the question is what and do I recompile with v25
another thing i just found out0.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
rvirding
Which error do you get?
cmo
And how did you install it?
lc0815
I thought I copied the error: but in essence is that the elixir compiler/run time system fails with the erl failed to iinit the run. so what I did was to go back all the to v13 of the elixir system with erlang v24 and it runs.
the elixir v1.14.x will not run with erl:24 or 25 on my windows machine. and when installing the latest versions: 14.3/25.x.x elixir will start and create a mix project but when trying to run the mix phx.server then you get the error XXX module needs to be compiled with v25 of erlang,
you figured that being the latest there should not be any compile error of that type…
anywho: I’ve got elixir 1.13 running with erlang 24 and now I can continue to play… now the problem is getting familiar with components, and the beat goes on…
lc0815
I installed both the erlang and elixir packages using the available windows installers, then configured the path to point to the packages in the program files system folders…
is there another way to install them?
cmo
Are you recompiling the project after updating? I don’t recall needing to but you can always delete
_buildto force it to recompile everything.I prefer to use scoop but there are Chocolatey (
) packages now.
You can use the
@<version>method to specify a version with erlang too e.g.scoop install erlang@25.2.2. OTP version numbers are taken from here and Elixir version numbers from here.lc0815
thanks for your response.
1: deleted _build
2: mix deps.clean --all
3: mix compile --force
4: mix phx.server
5: frustatition level hit 50k feet… got up and gave up for the day…
LoL
version 1.14 of elixir and erl v25 don’t like each other on my windows 10 box…
lc0815
after reviewing the github messages, it seems this is a known problem at least on windows and it seems it has to do with the windows installer not recognizing the different versions.
josevalim
Try removing all Erlang from your system and all Elixir and install both. And let us know if it works. If it doesn’t, please paste the error.
lc0815
thanks Jose, I will do that in the next couple of days. what I did was to work on a mac I had on loan to finish the course I was taking.
I will do as you suggest and report back probably by 2/25/23 at the latest.
Again thank you for taking the time to respond. awesome support.
lc0815
update:
I updated a: windows to v11 from 10, removed all traces of elixir/erlang
re-installed erl-v25, re-installed elixir v14 and it all works now:
thanks Jose… obrigado