Content management system for Phoenix?

Hi all!

I have a potential case that involves a web site with a lot of admin-generated content, as well as custom features. So it needs CMS functionality, and I could use some advice on my options. The way I see it, currently my options are:

• Use a CMS made for Phoenix. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like there is a well-featured one that is maintained. Thesis and Contento both look like they’ve been abandoned.

• Use a headless CMS such as Ghost or Strapi and integrate with it. Downside: it makes the app more of a distributed system with related headaches and extra work.

• Roll my own. Not loving this idea at the moment, even though I could maybe use something like Kaffy to build on.

• Write the app in Python and use Django and Wagtail. Downside: loss of Elixir goodies, the concurrency model in particular.

If you have suggestions or ideas, I’d be happy to hear them.

3 Likes

We’re working on an Elixir-based CMS with Postgres + Elasticsearch + Absinthe GraphQL + Vue over here. It’s not quite ready for prime-time, but getting there. Currently fighting with Absinthe to get dynamic runtime GraphQL schemas (for user-defined data models).

In the meantime, we’ve found Prismic to be pretty cost-effective for clients we work with as it has a generous free tier and a pretty good API. There’s also Storyblok, Takeshape and Sanity that have decent free tiers. I doubt it’s worth the trouble to maintain a separate CMS in Node, but your mileage may vary.

3 Likes

I’ve considered using Airtable and it’s API support for something similar but never really tried it so can’t speak to specifics. Good luck.

1 Like