whatyouhide

whatyouhide

Elixir Core Team

Hello folks,

the Elixir team (well me, but I got a thumbs up from the others :P) is looking for contributors and potentially maintainers for the Emacs Elixir integration (elixir-mode). According to the 2016 Elixir user survey, 14% of Elixir is developed on Emacs; while this percentage is not huge, it’s still a substantial chunk of people getting a non-optimal experience when editing. The things that need the most love in elixir-mode are definitely syntax highlighting and even more indentation.

elixir-mode already has a couple of maintainers (@tonini is one of them), but they have not been active in the recent months (which is perfectly fine, I don’t want to peer pressure anyone! :slight_smile: ). Sadly, I am not confident with Elisp enough to work on this myself.

If you’re interested, please get in touch with me or directly share your interest in the issues and pull requests that are open in the project. I realize this is not the most exciting Elixir project to work on (as it’s not Elixir :P), but it’s a widely used tool nonetheless :).

Thanks for reading!

Andrea

Showing Posts 1 to 1

NobbZ

NobbZ

I haven’t done any lisp for ages and never really looked into elisp. But since I use it myself I will take a look at the codebase over the next week and report back then.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in News Top

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews