t.t

t.t

hello,
i’m using base64 to encode/decode attachments. the encode64 worked fine but the decode returns a binary text and I’m having trouble converting it back to the original attachment.

Base.decode64!() response:
<<137, 80, 78, 71, 13, 10, 26, 10, 0, 0, ...>>

can anyone help?

Showing Posts 1 to 10

APB9785

APB9785

Creator of ECSx

File - write/3 can write a binary to a file

t.t

t.t OP

pathOnClient = “test.png”
version: = the pathOnClient file encoded in base 64

then, I have to decode that file as show it the same way as it was uploaded, like the “pathOnClient” shows. I’ve done tests with File.write() but it returns :ok only.

APB9785

APB9785

Creator of ECSx

If it returns :ok, then the file write was a success. What’s the problem?

t.t

t.t OP

because I want the return to be what’s on the “pathOnClient” when the upload was made. so I want it to be “test.png”. Is that possible?

APB9785

APB9785

Creator of ECSx

The first argument of File.write/3 is where you choose the output file path. It can be anything you want it to be.

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Can you give your use-case in more details?

Sounds like you’re trying to get the contents of the Content-Disposition HTTP header. You got no problems with File.write itself; that one looks to work fine for you.

t.t

t.t OP

I want to download the decoded file, I’m not being able to do that with File.write()

t.t

t.t OP

the file.write returns :ok and I can see the file open inside my project. but it needs to be available to download when someone calls the endpoint.

APB9785

APB9785

Creator of ECSx

File.write/3 is not a pure function. It returns :ok but if you look on the filesystem, you will see the file has been created as a side-effect. Then it is up to you how you serve that file to your users - that is an entirely separate issue.

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Well there’s your problem. File.write does not do downloads. It writes bytes to a filesystem.

It looks like you’re trying to to serve files to the users of your project. Take a look at waffle and waffle_ecto as a start.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews