solop

solop

I want to add a Leaflet map, without loading some js and css from external parties.

I followed Asset Management — Phoenix v1.8.8

First I tried the suggested option 3:
{:leaflet, github: "Leaflet/Leaflet", app: false, compile: false}

mix deps.get retrieves it correctly, but importing it in app.js fails (could not be resolved).

After I tried the other option (instaling into assets with npm)
Here I could import the js, but importing the css fails:

import 'leaflet/dist/leaflet.css';

which fails with
✘ [ERROR] No loader is configured for ".png" files: node_modules/leaflet/dist/images/marker-icon.png

as suggested somewhere I modify the following to dev.exs

  watchers: [
    esbuild:
      {Esbuild, :install_and_run,
       [:case_manager, ~w(--sourcemap=inline --watch --loader:.png=file)]},

this compiles, but obviously its looking for the files in the wrong place:

[debug] ** (Ecto.NoResultsError) expected at least one result but got none in query:
from c0 in App.Entries.Entry,
  where: c0.id == ^"marker-icon-2x.png"

omg, its trying to load the assets through ecto!

i am at a loss. How is this being done the correct way?

Showing Posts 1 to 2

voughtdq

voughtdq

I think the browser is just doing what it’s told by leaflet.js, which is requesting marker-icon-2x.png, a relative URL. Requesting marker-icon-2x.png on //myapp:4000/entries would make the browser GET //myapp:4000/entries/marker-icon-2x.png. You need some way to tell leaflet.js to use a different URL.

Based on a cursory glance around leaflet.js and its docs, you would probably want to override Icon.Default and point the URLs to your static path (e.g. /static/images/marker-icon-2x.png or however you have your statics organized).

ndrean

ndrean

Did you try @import "leaflet/dist/leaflet.css"; in “/assets/css/app.css”?

I think you should set --loader:.png=dataurl in the Esbuild config.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
peck
Hi everyone. My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
Alvinkariuki
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews