jstone

jstone

Im receiving this error when try to deploy to digital ocean as production(Please don’t ask to use gigalixir / fly as this is client requirement). However I got error and websocket isnt working. Im using apache on ubuntu 22 LTS. I already made a search online, however no luck with my issue. Any response is highly appreciated. Thanks

Here is the error

15:14:14.623 [error] Could not check origin for Phoenix.Socket transport.

Origin of the request: http://beta.website.com.my:4000

This happens when you are attempting a socket connection to
a different host than the one configured in your config/
files. For example, in development the host is configured
to "localhost" but you may be trying to access it from
"127.0.0.1". To fix this issue, you may either:

1. update [url: [host: ...]] to your actual host in the
     config file for your current environment (recommended)

  2. pass the :check_origin option when configuring your
     endpoint or when configuring the transport in your
     UserSocket module, explicitly outlining which origins
     are allowed:

        check_origin: ["https://example.com",
                       "//another.com:888", "//other.com"]

Here is my configuration file for prod.secret.exs

use Config

config :th, Th.Repo,
  username: "user",
  password: "password",
  hostname: "localhost",
  database: "th",
  pool_size: 10

config :th, ThWeb.Endpoint,
  server: true,
  http: [port: 4000, transport_options: [socket_opts: [:inet6]]],
  check_origin: [
    "http://beta.website.com.my",
    "http://beta.website.com.my:4000",
    "https://beta.website.com.my",
    "https://beta.website.com.my:4000",

    "http://app.website.com.my",
    "http://app.website.com.my:4000",
    "https://app.website.com.my",
    "https://app.website.com.my:4000"
  ],
  secret_key_base: "SECRET",

Here is my apache configuration


	ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
        DocumentRoot /var/www/html
        ServerName beta.website.com.my
        ServerAlias beta.website.com.my

        # Available loglevels: trace8, ..., trace1, debug, info, notice, warn,
        # error, crit, alert, emerg.
        # It is also possible to configure the loglevel for particular
        # modules, e.g.
        #LogLevel info ssl:warn

        ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
        CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

        LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so
        ProxyRequests Off
        ProxyPreserveHost On
        #ProxyPass "/" "ws://localhost:4000/" retry=0 timeout=5
        #ProxyPassReverse "/" "ws://localhost:4000/" my_app.tld
        ProxyPass "/" "http://beta.website.com.my:4000/" timeout=10
        ProxyPassReverse "/" "http://beta.website.com.my:4000/" http://beta.website.com.my

Anything I missing here?

Showing Posts 1 to 2

nevakrien

nevakrien

same error for me so if u found a solution now would be a good time to post

jstone

jstone OP

Hi Sir, Sorry, I did not find any solution for it. I just redeploy on new server using nginx

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews