Could not compile dependency :bcrypt_elixir

Hi there!

I am seeking developers help. Actually I cloned a repository and now wants to run it now.
But Its giving me this error:

==> bcrypt_elixir
could not compile dependency :bcrypt_elixir, "mix compile" failed. Errors may have been logged above. You can recompile this dependency with "mix deps.compile bcrypt_elixir", update it with "mix deps.update bcrypt_elixir" or clean it with "mix deps.clean bcrypt_elixir"
==> coderjobs
** (Mix) "nmake" not found in the path. If you have set the MAKE environment variable,
please make sure it is correct.

However I’ve already worked on various elixir projects and never got this kind of issue.
I’m finding its solution from long time but still in vain.

Thanks

On which operating system are you?

In Windows Operating system.
For checking it, I just made new project of elixir and those commands worked perfectly and ran my new project on browser.
But its not working on this cloned one.

Here’s the documentation on what you need on windows:

On windows10 and windows server 2019, I installed Visual C++ Build Tools with $: choco install visualcpp-build-tools, then i go to the windows explore and find the carpet “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer” and execute setup.exe, and install Visual Studio Build Tools 2017, then i go to find vsdevcmd.bat and execute this with cmd /K “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\BuildTools\Common7\Tools\vsdevcmd.bat” -arch=x64, just how say Requirements · riverrun/comeonin Wiki · GitHub, then i go to my project and do mix phx.server , then start to compile bcrypt_elixir, (choco install cmder) for next runs.

i hope that can help you, grettings

3 Likes