borybar
Hi,
Everything was fine yesterday. I tried to turn my program today and I am getting this error when I am trying to run mix phx.server. I am not sure what’s happening. I will be greatfull for help.
** (Mix) Could not start application calorie: Calorie.Application.start(:normal, []) returned an error: shutdown: failed to start child: CalorieWeb.Endpoint
** (EXIT) shutdown: failed to start child: Phoenix.PubSub.PG2
** (EXIT) shutdown: failed to start child: Phoenix.PubSub.PG2Server
** (EXIT) an exception was raised:
** (UndefinedFunctionError) function :pg2.create/1 is undefined or private
(kernel 8.0.1) :pg2.create({:phx, Calorie.PubSub})
(phoenix_pubsub 1.1.2) lib/phoenix/pubsub/pg2_server.ex:43: Phoenix.PubSub.PG2Server.init/1
(stdlib 3.15.1) gen_server.erl:423: :gen_server.init_it/2
(stdlib 3.15.1) gen_server.erl:390: :gen_server.init_it/6
(stdlib 3.15.1) proc_lib.erl:226: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
hubertlepicki
I feel like I have been summoned with the word “calorie” ;).
but answering your question, you need to either downgrade to OTP < 24, or update Phoenix PubSub to not depend on pg2 as it was removed from Erlang. Check out this thread:
borybar
Thanks for reply!
I did update my Phoenix PubSub to “2.0.0” version however it is still receiving same error. I did change my
mix.exs, runmix deps.update -- allandmix deps. Am I missing something?P.S: I am wondering why do you feel like you were summoned my the word “calorie”?
borybar
I managed to resolve this issue. I also had to update my phoenix. Thanks for help!
hubertlepicki
I am obsessed with nutrition
dimitarvp
Now I gotta ask do you give consultations