lud

lud

(Elixir 1.10.2)

Hi,

I just published a package, and figured a typo in the docs, so I wanted to publish it again. I know there is a one hour limit but I tried to replace the package within minutes, so it should have worked. Here is the result:

Publishing package to public repository hexpm.

Proceed? [Yn]
Building docs...
Docs successfully generated.
View them at "doc/index.html".
Local password:
Publishing package...
[#########################] 100%
Publishing failed
Validation error(s)
  inserted_at: can only modify a release up to one hour after creation and must include the --replace option

$ mix hex.publish --replace
** (Mix) Could not invoke task "hex.publish": 1 error found!
--replace : Unknown option

What should I do then ? Is it something related to the clock of my computer?

Also the mix help hex.publish help seem to tell me that there is no --replace option:

To update the package simply run the mix hex.publish task again. To revert run
mix hex.publish --revert VERSION or to only revert the documentaiton run mix
hex.publish docs --revert VERSION.

Edit: I was able to update my package anyway, reverting it before. But the docs are unclear here.

Showing Posts 1 to 2

ericmj

ericmj

Elixir Core Team

Thanks for the report. We have deployed a fix on the server for the issue.

bluzky

bluzky

Edit: I forgot to update version. I think we can make the message clearer.

Hi, I try to update my package to day and I got the same error

I published first version of this package months ago. I don’t really understand the error message.
What should I do ?

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews