I created a command palette for my blog/site/portfolio, using Phoenix LiveView & Meilisearch.
I am just overwhelmed by how much I was able to do thanks to LiveView & Elixir.
- Using Req library, I am able to interface with Meilisearch easily.
- Imgproxy, lets me dynamically resize images, which then appear nicely in Command Palette.
- Tailwind CSS native integration with Phoenix is just chef’s kiss.
- Phoenix LiveView, JS Hooks and the whole interaction with JS is just sublime. I got this thing done, because of how little JS I had to write.
- Meilisearch is fast and easy, with features like multi search, facets, filters, synonyms I don’t think I will need any other search engine.
- Changesets are amazing at form validation, even when used without a DB.
I’m glad Elixir, Phoenix & Live View exists. I would have quit this field otherwise.
Routes dynamically extracted from the internal routes (Utilising Elixir’s amazing Map & Enum features)
P.S. Log Out works, thanks to
<.link method="delete" />
P.S. The project is open source, it’s a WIP so I haven’t deployed it yet.
P.P.S. Tools part is pending as of now, and so is a ! command for toggles.
! Debug Latency
! Show Source Inspector