DmytroNasyrov
Please help. Stucked in the middle of deploy. Umbrella project contains phoenix app, phoenix app contains static image assets which sits on S3 and CloudFront. I have added to endpoint:
static_url: [scheme: "https", host: "s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/tram-pam-pam/directory", port: 443]
It woks fine for html with static_url helper. Example: <link rel="stylesheet" href="<%= static_url(@conn, "/css/app.css") %>">
But it doesn’t work for CSS background-image: url("/images/phoenix.png");. Generated path is relative instead of the path from endpoint settings. How to generate absolute path to the image from CSS(surely using image with a digest)?
Thanks.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
OvermindDL1
Relative is absolutely what it should be. That is necessary if the system is put behind a proxy or so.
From css you should not be using an absolute path, you should be using a relative path. From CSS a url should always be relative to the current css file or should be an absolute path to another server.
DmytroNasyrov
Yes! This is exactly what I mean. I need to generate an absolute path to S3 from background-image property
OvermindDL1
If it is on a dedicated S3 hoster you could set a redirect on the server to redirect to what it is (either a temporary or permanent redirect as necessary), or you could statically build it in by making your CSS into a template and generating the path in-line. Or you could use brunch to preprocess the css to build in static links from some list. Or you can just put the static link in directly. Lots of options and even more than this, it depends on how dynamic you need it to be?
DmytroNasyrov
Yes, that what I have already done -
CSS into a template and generating the path in-lineBut I don’t like this. I want to use CSS file with background-image property but it should point to static_url from endpoint’s settings.
OvermindDL1
You can process an eex template at compile time to generate out a css final for inclusion to brunch, all at compile time.
I’d just make a
whatever.css.eexfile, you can even keep it in the assets area. And I’d add a mix task on compile and phx.digest that just calls into the EEx library to compile the template while passing in what I need to generate from, then just output beside it or so.DmytroNasyrov
Thanks. I will try this approach.