Gonza

Gonza

Hi! I’m thinking of building a tool to help me code using LLMs. It’s not a novel idea, but none of the implementations I tried to date ever really worked, and I saw that Elixir is a nice tool for implementing “A.I.” inference with nx.

The idea is pretty basic in itself, but I’m asking here how feasible it is to implement it with current technology as I am pretty inexperienced yet with Elixir & friends.

First of all, my program should build a comprehensive DB of my current code base, and keep it up-to-date, including ideally a model of my database (I’m using MongoDB). I’m no expert but I’m guessing this is what vector DBs are for.

Also, I should have deployed locally at least one pre-trained model, which is my next question. Which one is better suited for the task, preferably on consumer hardware? I have GPT and Bard apikeys as well, but I’m not sure how easily can they be integrated with a custom repository of knowledge. In future versions, a good idea would be to implement agents that can bounce ideas off of each other and help polish the final piece of code, including the user as one of the participants in the ‘conversation’. There can be coders, testers, linters, and agents for verifying best practices, documenting, and so on.

Lastly, there should be some sort of interface, for which I’m leaning toward Phoenix (don’t think there is any real choice here). The most basic UI should be a chatbot, but ideally, my program should be able to suggest changes, let me edit them, and write them to disk (future work)


So, my question is mainly the following: do you think this project can be done with the current state of Elixir’s ecosystem? I so, is my plan/roadmap reasonable, or would you change something?

Showing Posts 1 to 1

Gonza

Gonza OP

I’m leaving here a skeleton repository so as to be building in public and to welcome any contributors to the project, be it by participating in discussions, submitting code, reporting issues, etc.
I’ll be updating it during the week with proposals and maybe some code if I’m lucky:

https://github.com/M-Gonzalo/Etaoin-Shrdlu

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews