RodolfoSilva
Hi guys,
I’m using the Exnowflake library to generate my user ids. The Exnowflake uses custom Ecto types in its implementation. I need to be able to customize the pow_assent_user_identity_fields to specify the belongs_to user type.
For example, something like:
belongs_to(name, @pow_user_mod, type: Dealfy.Types.Exnowflake)
How can I do that? Or what would be the best way to do this?
Here is my code:
Codes:
user_identity.ex
defmodule Dealfy.UserIdentities.UserIdentity do
use Ecto.Schema
use PowAssent.Ecto.UserIdentities.Schema, user: Dealfy.Users.User
schema "user_identities" do
pow_assent_user_identity_fields()
# belongs_to :user, Dealfy.Users.User, type: Dealfy.Types.Exnowflake
timestamps()
end
end
user.ex
defmodule Dealfy.Users.User do
use Ecto.Schema
use Pow.Ecto.Schema
use PowAssent.Ecto.Schema
use Pow.Extension.Ecto.Schema,
extensions: [PowResetPassword]
@primary_key {:id, Dealfy.Types.Exnowflake, autogenerate: true}
@foreign_key_type Dealfy.Types.Exnowflake
schema "users" do
field :name, :string
pow_user_fields()
timestamps()
end
def changeset(user_or_changeset, attrs) do
user_or_changeset
|> pow_changeset(attrs)
|> Ecto.Changeset.cast(attrs, [:name])
|> Ecto.Changeset.validate_required([:name])
|> pow_extension_changeset(attrs)
end
def user_identity_changeset(user_or_changeset, user_identity, attrs, user_id_attrs) do
user_or_changeset
|> Ecto.Changeset.cast(attrs, [:name])
|> pow_assent_user_identity_changeset(user_identity, attrs, user_id_attrs)
end
end
exnowflake.ex
defmodule Dealfy.Types.Exnowflake do
@moduledoc """
A custom Ecto type to generate Exnowflake IDs.
"""
@behaviour Ecto.Type
require Logger
@type t :: integer()
@doc """
Generates a new ID.
"""
@spec generate() :: t()
def generate do
{:ok, id} = Exnowflake.generate()
id
rescue
exeption ->
Logger.error("Ecto type Exnowflake failed: #{inspect(exeption)}")
end
def autogenerate, do: generate()
def type, do: :integer
def cast(term) when is_integer(term), do: {:ok, term}
def cast(_), do: :error
def dump(term) when is_integer(term), do: {:ok, term}
def dump(_), do: :error
def load(term), do: {:ok, term}
def equal?(term, term), do: true
def equal?(_, _), do: false
def embed_as(_format) do
:self
end
end
Right now I’m getting this error:
The error says the record is not found, but they exists when I try run the query in the iex console.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone.
My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #ai
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











