kasvith
Hi,
Im trying to get DataLoader working with an external service.
This is my field resolver
object :recent_conversation do
# other fields here
field :sender, non_null(:user), description: "Last sender for the conversation" do
resolve fn %{sender_id: sender_id}, _args, %{context: %{loader: loader}} ->
loader
|> Dataloader.load(:user, :user, sender_id)
|> Dataloader.run()
|> on_load(fn loader ->
loader
|> Dataloader.get(:user, :user, sender_id)
|> case do
%{} = user ->
{:ok, user}
end
end)
end
end
end
And here is my dataloder KV source
def data() do
Dataloader.KV.new(&fetch/2)
end
def fetch(_batch_key, users) do
IO.puts("here")
IO.inspect(users)
loaded_users = users |> MapSet.to_list() |> load_users()
users
|> Enum.with_index()
|> Enum.reduce(%{}, fn {id, idx}, results ->
Map.put(results, id, Enum.at(loaded_users, idx))
end)
end
defp load_users(ids) when is_list(ids) do
IO.puts("Loading users #{inspect(ids)}")
case ApiClient.get_users_bulk(ids) do
{:ok, %{users: users}} ->
users
{:error, _err} ->
{:error}
{:api_error, _err} ->
{:error}
end
end
I prefer to have a generic data loader which can be used to load users by passing different fields, so I avoided using batch resolution(API accepts user IDs in batch)
When I’m running the following query, I see multiple Loading users logs(multiple API calls)
query {
myRecentConversations{
id
content
createdAt
unreadCount
sender{
id
username
avatar
}
}
}
Why dataloader is not loading all users per this GraphQL query in a batch? I’ve used Facebook Dataloader in JS projects and it loads all data in a batch when running in a single graphql query context unlike this.
Is there something I can do to make this execute a batch call to API?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
benwilson512
This is your issue. You shouldn’t be calling
Dataloader.runyourself, just pipe straight toon_load(fn loader ->)and then Absinthe will call Dataloader.run internally after the whole batch has been accumulated.kasvith
Thanks, it worked
Are there other improvements I can do to this code?
My main reason was to use the same loader with different fields, thus I didn’t use
dataloadermacro.