joaquinalcerro
Hi everyone,
I will like your help with the following error message:
exited in: :gen_server.call(#PID<0.341.0>, {:checkout, #Reference<0.3398432957.1354760194.8493>, true, 15000}, 5000) ** (EXIT) time out`
iex(10)> Repo.all(Contract)
** (exit) exited in: :gen_server.call(#PID<0.340.0>, {:checkout, #Reference<0.3398432957.1354760194.9418>, true, 15000}, 5000)
** (EXIT) time out
(db_connection) lib/db_connection/poolboy.ex:112: DBConnection.Poolboy.checkout/3
(db_connection) lib/db_connection.ex:920: DBConnection.checkout/2
(db_connection) lib/db_connection.ex:742: DBConnection.run/3
(db_connection) lib/db_connection.ex:636: DBConnection.execute/4
(ecto) lib/ecto/adapters/postgres/connection.ex:98: Ecto.Adapters.Postgres.Connection.execute/4
(ecto) lib/ecto/adapters/sql.ex:256: Ecto.Adapters.SQL.sql_call/6
(ecto) lib/ecto/adapters/sql.ex:436: Ecto.Adapters.SQL.execute_or_reset/7
(ecto) lib/ecto/repo/queryable.ex:133: Ecto.Repo.Queryable.execute/5
(ecto) lib/ecto/repo/queryable.ex:37: Ecto.Repo.Queryable.all/4
I am currently working with:
Erlang/OTP 20 [erts-9.3] [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [ds:4:4:10] [async-threads:10] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]
IEx 1.6.4 (compiled with OTP 20)
OS: OpenSUSE Tumbleweed
PostgreSQL: 10.4
I was working on a Phoenix application and everything was working as expected but I updated my system and this error started to show up.
I have read some other posts and have tried the following suggestions:
- Delete the _build folder
- Restart the Postgres Database
Please note that I am able to connect to the Postgres Database with the psql client and able to correctly query the database.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sneako
Are there many rows in your Contract table? How long does it take if you run
select * from contractsfrom the console?manukall
maybe it’s the same issue i faced: Ecto/Postgres/Poolboy time outs after a few queries - #4 by manukall
joaquinalcerro
@sneako my contract table is very small. This is the development environment. 20 records.
@manukall Oh, I am sorry I missed this post. I will change OTP version and let you know.
Best regards,
joaquinalcerro
I found this recent post that might be related and apparently solves the issue. iIwas un able to try it because I rollback the update.