DBConnection.Poolboy.checkout/3 (EXIT) time out

Hi everyone,

I will like your help with the following error message:

exited in: :gen_server.call(#PID<0.341.0>, {:checkout, #Reference<0.3398432957.1354760194.8493>, true, 15000}, 5000) ** (EXIT) time out`

iex(10)> Repo.all(Contract)      
** (exit) exited in: :gen_server.call(#PID<0.340.0>, {:checkout, #Reference<0.3398432957.1354760194.9418>, true, 15000}, 5000)                                                
    ** (EXIT) time out                                                                 
    (db_connection) lib/db_connection/poolboy.ex:112: DBConnection.Poolboy.checkout/3
    (db_connection) lib/db_connection.ex:920: DBConnection.checkout/2                  
    (db_connection) lib/db_connection.ex:742: DBConnection.run/3                       
    (db_connection) lib/db_connection.ex:636: DBConnection.execute/4                   
    (ecto) lib/ecto/adapters/postgres/connection.ex:98: Ecto.Adapters.Postgres.Connection.execute/4                                                                           
    (ecto) lib/ecto/adapters/sql.ex:256: Ecto.Adapters.SQL.sql_call/6                  
    (ecto) lib/ecto/adapters/sql.ex:436: Ecto.Adapters.SQL.execute_or_reset/7          
    (ecto) lib/ecto/repo/queryable.ex:133: Ecto.Repo.Queryable.execute/5               
    (ecto) lib/ecto/repo/queryable.ex:37: Ecto.Repo.Queryable.all/4 

I am currently working with:

Erlang/OTP 20 [erts-9.3] [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [ds:4:4:10] [async-threads:10] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]
IEx 1.6.4 (compiled with OTP 20)
PostgreSQL: 10.4

I was working on a Phoenix application and everything was working as expected but I updated my system and this error started to show up.

I have read some other posts and have tried the following suggestions:

1. Delete the _build folder
  2. Restart the Postgres Database

Please note that I am able to connect to the Postgres Database with the psql client and able to correctly query the database.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Are there many rows in your Contract table? How long does it take if you run select * from contracts from the console?

maybe it’s the same issue i faced: Ecto/Postgres/Poolboy time outs after a few queries

@sneako my contract table is very small. This is the development environment. 20 records.
@manukall Oh, I am sorry I missed this post. I will change OTP version and let you know.

Best regards,

I found this recent post that might be related and apparently solves the issue. iIwas un able to try it because I rollback the update.