Rodeoclash

Rodeoclash

Is anybody aware of any libraries for Phoenix that deal with bots sending malformed URLs?

Here’s an example:

[Phoenix.Router.MalformedURIError *MereWeb.Router.call/2*
](https://sentry.io/organizations/personal-6jx/issues/2746880988/?project=5996367&query=is%3Aunresolved)

malformed URI path: "/cgi-bin/%%32%65%%32%65/%%32%65%%32%65/%%32%65%%32%65/%%32%65%%32%65/%%32%65%%32%65/%%32%65%%32%65/bin/sh"

I’m getting a bunch of entries like these showing up in my Sentry alerts and if anyone is aware of a plugin solution for this, I’d love to hear about it.

Showing Posts 3 to 1

realcorvus

realcorvus

Here’s some more details on implementing PlugAttack, it’s a great library for dealing with this https://www.paraxial.io/blog/throttle-requests

BartOtten

BartOtten

Dealed with it last week. Fail2ban was not only the easiest but also the most effective solution. For Nginx we scraped the acces.log for 404’s.

lucaong

lucaong

You could probably setup and configure plug_attack to block the offending IPs. See in particular the fail2ban rule function, with which you can fail specific requests, and temporarily ban IPs that keep trying them.

Admittedly, I do not have experience with it, but it is very similar to Ruby’s rack-attack, that offers the same features in Ruby applications, and that I used in the past for these kind of cases.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews