akraut
Hey folks, I’m trying to use Ecto with Neon’s hosted Postgres service. Notably, this necessitates the use of SNI to connect to the right server.
My config.exs looks like this:
import Config
config :friends, Friends.Repo,
url: "postgres://application:nunyabidn355@ep-still-thunder-16014280.us-west-2.aws.neon.tech/friends?options=project%3Dep-still-thunder-16014280",
# database: "friends",
# username: "application",
# password: "nunyabidn355",
# hostname: "ep-still-thunder-16014280.us-west-2.aws.neon.tech",
# port: 5432,
ssl: true,
ssl_opts: [
server_name_indication: 'ep-still-thunder-16014280.us-west-2.aws.neon.tech',
verify: :verify_none
]
config :friends, ecto_repos: [Friends.Repo]
mix ecto.create reports a cryptic ** (Mix) The database for Friends.Repo couldn't be created: killed and mix ecto.migrate simply reports ** (EXIT from #PID<0.99.0>) shutdown.
So, the real question I have is, how do I coerce mix into giving me some debug output so I can see what’s actually going on? In other words, I’m not interested in the answer to what’s happening here; instead I’m interested in how I might arrive at that answer myself.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mars
Did you discover a solution to debugging this? I seem to be in the same situation.
Current vibe: xkcd: Wisdom of the Ancients
akraut
I ended up using the sample code that connects without verifying the cert. Not great, but for my current use-case, fine. I planned to revisit when/if I ever get to some semblance of production.
mars
Thanks for your reply! Will post if I figure it out. (I really need to figure it out.)