hauleth

hauleth

I am building application where I have separate routers for each part of the API (REST, UI, and GraphQL):

defmodule MyApp.Router do
  use Phoenix.Router

  forward("/graphql", MyApp.GraphQL.Router)
  forward("/api", MyApp.REST.Router)
  forward("/", MyApp.UI.Router)
end

Currently there is no problem with that as I can specify “sub-path” in API documentation (OpenAPI), but I see potential problem in future where the amount of routers can grow. Namely imagine situation where I would need to add new router, ex. MyApp.Foo.Router within scope /foo but within that controller I would need it to generate paths with that prefix, so I will need to workaround that by either remember to provide handcrafted %URL{} as the first parameter to the helper functions or to write it as /foo/<%= helper_path(…) %> (that second option will not work for other helpers though). What I would love to see is option :path similar to the Phoenix.Endpoint one passed either to Phoenix.Router.__using__/1 or (even better) to generated Router.init/1. That second option is even better as it allows me to define used route in the same place I define forwarding.

What are your opinions on such feature? Or maybe I missed something that is already possible.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

nivanson

nivanson

I don’t know how to get rid of the routing issue for your solution. For this specific problem I think having separate endpoints with a master proxy is an acceptable solution. One can define an endpoint that proxies the others based on whatever logic you want. Domain. Route. Whatever. See this example.

https://github.com/wojtekmach/acme_bank/blob/master/apps/master_proxy/lib/master_proxy/plug.ex

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews