aglundahl
Hi all!
I’ve put together DenoRider, a JavaScript runtime embedded in Elixir via Rustler and the deno_runtime crate.
My use case is server side rendering of a ClojureScript app. Please let me know if you use it, because it would be interesting to hear about your use case!
Example
iex> DenoRider.eval("1 + 2")
{:ok, 3}
iex> DenoRider.eval("globalThis.foo = 'bar'")
{:ok, "bar"}
iex> DenoRider.eval("globalThis.foo")
{:ok, "bar"}
Links
Trending in Announcing
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub.
Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
New
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
Other Trending Topics
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
hxgdzyuyi
If I use it to implement React SSR (Server-Side Rendering), will there be any problem?
aglundahl
No, that’s basically what I use it for.
Wigny
Do you have a example of how to achieve that? I would like to know if it’s possible to use DenoRider with a JS library such as CortexJS.
akoutmos
Thank you for doing this! I wanted to create a Rustler NIF around deno_runtime as well for https://github.com/akoutmos/deno_ex....but now it appears I won’t have to do that
. Thanks for checking that off my todo list!
hubertlepicki
this is very nice, I’ll be playing with it. This can be a basis for LiveView/React Server Components-like hybrid solution!
rekkice
my implementation’s a bit hacky, but i made a custom SSR renderer for live_svelte with it:
https://github.com/Rekkice/chat-translate/commit/951bbb322010fb440cda2046fa54f5fdef2b598d
aglundahl
I think CortexJS would work just fine. There’s no support for npm integration yet, though, so you need a build step to convert CortexJS to something consumable by the runtime. I suggest you take a look at what @rekkice does in his repo.
aglundahl
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Wigny
It worked great! We are compiling our TS file using the bun lib and then passing the resulting JS file to the
DenoRidersupervisor. Thanks for your effort in building it!Do you have a roadmap with the changes/features you still want to implement or may we consider this library production-ready/stable?
aglundahl
Cool! Glad to hear it’s working for you.
There’s currently no roadmap, but that’s mostly because it has everything I need for now. If you have feature requests, just put up an issue on GitHub.