bjornrud

bjornrud

Has anyone used the github actions hosted dependabot beta for private hex repositories? We would love dependabot to notify application owners in our org when another team updates their libraries.

Unfortunately, am getting 403s every time dependabot attempts to check our private hex.

From the logs, Dependabot is showing the following:

  proxy | 2020/07/13 16:25:22 403 https://repo.hex.pm:443/repos/us/packages/ourpackage

The relevant portions of our .github/dependabot.yml are:

version: 2
updates:
  # Keep mix dependencies up to date
  - package-ecosystem: "mix"
    directory: "/"
    schedule:
      interval: "weekly"
    assignees:
      - "OURORG/ourteam"
    labels:
      - "dependabot-update"
    rebase-strategy: "disabled"

Showing Posts 1 to 5

davydog187

davydog187

I’m running into the same issue. I can see that there is support for private hex repos, but since Dependabot moved to Github, its unclear what I need to do to grant it access.

Did you end up figuring this issue out @bjornrud ?

sorentwo

sorentwo

Oban Core Team

Private hex repos used to work before Dependabot moved to GitHub. Now it appears they have added private access for a variety of package managers, but not Elixir :frowning_face:

davydog187

davydog187

I poked Bruce Williams on twitter, maybe he knows who can help!

https://twitter.com/davydog187/status/1363852667467010053

sorentwo

sorentwo

Oban Core Team

Excellent. I hopped onto the Twitter thread!

davydog187

davydog187

An update from @bruce

I chatted with the PM (:wave: @asciimike), and I understand that the team is making progress on addressing the current limitations for Elixir (and some other ecosystems/pkg managers like bundler and pip).

The effort is tracked here (https://bit.ly/3pEANuQ), and I’m hopeful we’ll see some level of private repo support restored soon.

Tweet: https://twitter.com/wbruce/status/1364004498667040769?s=20
Roadmap: Dependabot version updates: support for private registries (Cloud Beta) · Issue #67 · github/roadmap · GitHub

TL;DR: Private registries are currently not available for dependabot with elixir, but are scheduled on the roadmap

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews