tuvokki

tuvokki

Hi,

I recently tried to upgrade a small application to ecto2 and sqlite_ecto2. Previously I could just run mix test to run my tests, but now if I do that dependency check fails while running tests:

$ mix test
Unchecked dependencies for environment test:

  • decimal (Hex package)
    the dependency does not match the requirement “~> 1.2”, got “1.1.2”
  • ecto (Hex package)
    the dependency does not match the requirement “~> 2.2”, got “1.1.9”
  • sqlitex (Hex package)
    the dependency does not match the requirement “~> 1.3.2 or ~> 1.4”, got “0.8.0”
    ** (Mix) Can’t continue due to errors on dependencies

There is a difference in the output of mix deps when run in the different environments:

$ MIX_ENV=test mix deps

  • esqlite 0.2.3 (Hex package) (rebar3)
    locked at 0.2.3 (esqlite) 1a8b6087
    ok
  • connection 1.0.4 (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 1.0.4 (connection) a1cae722
    ok
  • ranch 1.3.2 (Hex package) (rebar3)
    locked at 1.3.2 (ranch) e4965a14
    ok
  • poolboy 1.5.1 (Hex package) (rebar)
    locked at 1.5.1 (poolboy) 6b461639
    ok
  • decimal (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 1.4.1 (decimal) ad9e501e
    the dependency does not match the requirement “~> 1.2”, got “1.1.2”
  • sbroker 1.0.0 (Hex package) (rebar3)
    locked at 1.0.0 (sbroker) 28ff1b5e
    ok
  • db_connection 1.1.2 (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 1.1.2 (db_connection) 2865c2a4
    ok
  • ecto (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 2.2.7 (ecto) 2074106f
    the dependency does not match the requirement “~> 2.2”, got “1.1.9”
  • cowlib 1.0.2 (Hex package) (rebar3)
    locked at 1.0.2 (cowlib) 9d769a1d
    ok
  • cowboy 1.1.2 (Hex package) (rebar3)
    locked at 1.1.2 (cowboy) 61ac29ea
    ok
  • mime 1.2.0 (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 1.2.0 (mime) 78adaa84
    ok
  • plug 1.4.3 (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 1.4.3 (plug) 236d77ce
    ok
  • sqlitex (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 1.3.3 (sqlitex) 3aac5fd7
    the dependency does not match the requirement “~> 1.3.2 or ~> 1.4”, got “0.8.0”
  • sqlite_ecto2 2.2.2 (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 2.2.2 (sqlite_ecto2) 7a3e5c05
    ok

And in prod or dev:

$ mix deps

  • esqlite 0.2.3 (Hex package) (rebar3)
    locked at 0.2.3 (esqlite) 1a8b6087
    ok
  • connection 1.0.4 (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 1.0.4 (connection) a1cae722
    ok
  • ranch 1.3.2 (Hex package) (rebar3)
    locked at 1.3.2 (ranch) e4965a14
    ok
  • poolboy 1.5.1 (Hex package) (rebar)
    locked at 1.5.1 (poolboy) 6b461639
    ok
  • decimal 1.4.1 (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 1.4.1 (decimal) ad9e501e
    ok
  • sbroker 1.0.0 (Hex package) (rebar3)
    locked at 1.0.0 (sbroker) 28ff1b5e
    ok
  • db_connection 1.1.2 (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 1.1.2 (db_connection) 2865c2a4
    ok
  • ecto 2.2.7 (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 2.2.7 (ecto) 2074106f
    ok
  • cowlib 1.0.2 (Hex package) (rebar3)
    locked at 1.0.2 (cowlib) 9d769a1d
    ok
  • cowboy 1.1.2 (Hex package) (rebar3)
    locked at 1.1.2 (cowboy) 61ac29ea
    ok
  • mime 1.2.0 (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 1.2.0 (mime) 78adaa84
    ok
  • plug 1.4.3 (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 1.4.3 (plug) 236d77ce
    ok
  • sqlitex 1.3.3 (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 1.3.3 (sqlitex) 3aac5fd7
    ok
  • sqlite_ecto2 2.2.2 (Hex package) (mix)
    locked at 2.2.2 (sqlite_ecto2) 7a3e5c05
    ok

Since I’m quite new to this I don’t understand these differences, they might me explainable but not by me. This is my mix.exs:

defmodule Helloplug.Mixfile do
  use Mix.Project

  def project do
    [
      app: :helloplug,
      version: "0.1.0",
      elixir: "~> 1.5",
      start_permanent: Mix.env == :prod,
      deps: deps()
    ]
  end

  # Run "mix help compile.app" to learn about applications.
  def application do
    [
      extra_applications: [:logger, :sqlite_ecto2, :ecto, :cowboy, :plug],
      mod: {WebsiteRouter, []}
    ]
  end

  # Run "mix help deps" to learn about dependencies.
  defp deps do
    [
      {:cowboy, "~> 1.1"},
      {:plug, "~> 1.4"},
      {:sqlite_ecto2, "~> 2.2"},
      {:ecto, "~> 2.2"}
    ]
  end
end

Showing Posts 1 to 2

kip

kip

ex_cldr Core Team

Dependencies are only updated when you run mix deps.update -all or deps.unlock dep followed by mix.deps.get

I’d suggest in this config a mix deps.update --all should be ok.

tuvokki

tuvokki OP

Great, that worked! Thank you.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
peck
Hi everyone. My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
Alvinkariuki
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews