vovkats

vovkats

I have set config in file ./deliver/config

APP=“myproject”

BUILD_HOST=“MY_HOST”
BUILD_USER=“deploy”
BUILD_AT=“/home/deploy/app_build”

PRODUCTION_HOSTS=“MY_HOST”
PRODUCTION_USER=“deploy”
DELIVER_TO=“/home/deploy/app_release”

When I try to run command in my local machine:
mix edeliver build release

I get error:
A remote command failed on:

deploy@localhost

Output of the command is shown above and the command executed
on that host is printed below for debugging purposes:

FAILED with exit status 255:

set -e
if [ ! -d /home/deploy/app_build ]
then
  mkdir -p /home/deploy/app_build
  cd /home/deploy/app_build
  git init &> /dev/null
  git config receive.denyCurrentBranch ignore
else
  cd /home/deploy/app_build
  git config receive.denyCurrentBranch ignore
fi

Showing Posts 1 to 7

krapans

krapans

Do you use ssh keys for authentication into the server?

vovkats

vovkats OP

Yes. I do.
Also I use next versions:
{:edeliver, “~> 1.4.3”},
{:distillery, “~> 1.4”}

krapans

krapans

If you are using EC2 in AWS, then this should solve your problem

If you’re using Amazon EC2 hosts, you’ll most likely authenticate with your remote hosts by passing along a *.pem file when you establish your SSH connection.

While edeliver doesn’t explicitly support this kind of authentication, adding a Host/IndentityFile entry in your ~/.ssh/config file for each of your remote hosts will authorize edeliver to communicate with these hosts:

Host ec2-foo.compute-1.amazonaws.com
  IdentityFile ~/my_identity_file.pem

Host ec2-bar.compute-1.amazonaws.com
  IdentityFile ~/my_identity_file.pem

Here is more about SSH part.

vovkats

vovkats OP

I have already created this file

krapans

krapans

And if you run as deploy user those commands in terminal on server everything works fine?

vovkats

vovkats OP

deploy user is role on server. I don’t run command
mix edeliver build release
in terminal on server
I use this guide

canelle20214

canelle20214

Did you find the problem? I had the same error following the DigitalOcean tutorial

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews