azimlord

azimlord

Hi guys,

Im getting some issue deploying to DO

When I try to run this
mix edeliver build release

It shows this error

BUILDING RELEASE OF PROJECT APP ON BUILD HOST

-----> Authorizing hosts
-----> Ensuring hosts are ready to accept git pushes
-----> Pushing new commits with git to: user@ipaddress
-----> Resetting remote hosts to ad76a770fcda0ef2dd622ae3a344db3e3d617f70
-----> Cleaning generated files from last build
-----> Fetching / Updating dependencies
using mix to fetch and update deps
** (CompileError) config/prod.secret.exs:1: undefined function e/1
    (elixir) lib/code.ex:232: Code.eval_string/3
    (mix) lib/mix/config.ex:187: anonymous fn/2 in Mix.Config.__import__!/2
    (elixir) lib/enum.ex:1940: Enum."-reduce/3-lists^foldl/2-0-"/3

Here’s my .deliver/config

APP="project"

BUILD_HOST="ipaddress"
BUILD_USER="user"
BUILD_AT="/home/user/app_build"

PRODUCTION_HOSTS="ipaddress" 
PRODUCTION_USER="user" 
DELIVER_TO="/home/user/app_release" 

pre_erlang_get_and_update_deps() {
  local _prod_secret_path="/home/user/app_config/prod.secret.exs"
  if [ "$TARGET_MIX_ENV" = "prod" ]; then
    __sync_remote "
      ln -sfn '$_prod_secret_path' '$BUILD_AT/config/prod.secret.exs'
    "
  fi
}

I already check prod.secret.exs is available in the server

Im following this tutorial How To Automate Elixir-Phoenix Deployment with Distillery and edeliver on Ubuntu 16.04 | DigitalOcean

Thanks guys

Showing Posts 7 to 1

azimlord

azimlord OP

FML :sweat:

Thanks. My mistake

sanswork

sanswork

You’re missing “us” at the start of that.

e Mix.Config

on the first line.

azimlord

azimlord OP

Yup

azim@ubuntu-s-1vcpu-1gb-sgp1-01:~$ cat app_build/config/prod.secret.exs
e Mix.Config

# In this file, we keep production configuration that
# you'll likely want to automate and keep away from
# your version control system.
#
# You should document the content of this
# file or create a script for recreating it, since it's
# kept out of version control and might be hard to recover
# or recreate for your teammates (or yourself later on).
config :project, ProjectWeb.Endpoint,
  secret_key_base: "AnQL+w2yvjz12cxcjmC5lHF8cFiBHQ3Vf+cpSFcs6FfOaJBbgqA4byRcssYW5P3V"

# Configure your database
config :project, Project.Repo,
  adapter: Ecto.Adapters.Postgres,
  username: "postgres",
  password: "postgres",
  database: "project_prod",
  pool_size: 15

Anyway, I have a temporary fix for this. Move all prod.secret.exs to prod.exs and remove prod.secret.exs from prod

mcostasilva

mcostasilva

Weird…

cat app_build/config/ on the server shows the content you posted?

azimlord

azimlord OP

Hi mcostasilva & sanswork,

I dont think theres any issue with the prod.secret.exs
Here’s my prod.secret.exs

use Mix.Config

# In this file, we keep production configuration that
# you'll likely want to automate and keep away from
# your version control system.
#
# You should document the content of this
# file or create a script for recreating it, since it's
# kept out of version control and might be hard to recover
# or recreate for your teammates (or yourself later on).
config :project, ProjectWeb.Endpoint,
  secret_key_base: "AnQL+w2yvjz12cxcjmC5lHF8cFiBHQ3Vf+cpSFcs6FfOaJBbgqA4byRcssYW5P3V"

# Configure your database
config :project, Project.Repo,
  adapter: Ecto.Adapters.Postgres,
  username: "postgres",
  password: "postgres",
  database: "project_prod",
  pool_size: 15

In server

azim@ubuntu-s-1vcpu-1gb-sgp1-01:~$ ls app_build/config/
config.exs  dev.exs  prod.exs  prod.secret.exs  test.exs
sanswork

sanswork

Check your prod.secret.exs file to make sure there isn’t any typos in it.

config/prod.secret.exs:1: undefined function e/1

Sounds to me like a problem compiling the file not that it isn’t being found.

mcostasilva

mcostasilva

Hi azimlord,

According to the error message there is an error in your prod.secret.exs, on the line 1 apparently.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews