thiagoesteves

thiagoesteves

Hey There :wave:

Since 2021 I’ve been working on an easy way to deploy Elixir applications and after a few years and many approaches, I am proud to announce that DeployEx is available. It is a deployment tool that allows your project to extract the best of the Beam World using the mix release package to execute full deployments and/or hot-upgrades, depending on the package’s content, while leveraging OTP distribution for monitoring and data extraction, and much more. It also gives access to logs, iex terminal, and others without Cloud management.

DeployEx is currently using Phoenix Liveview for presenting settings and configuration on the UI side and erlexec to control and manage deployments.

I would love to hear feedback and/or ideas for features to add to this project.

It is still in the initial phase, but many more will come soon.

Check it out!

https://github.com/thiagoesteves/deployex

Showing Posts 1 to 6

cmo

cmo

Is it AWS only?

I don’t see anything mentioned about NGINX after it being in the picture at the top. What’s the story there?

thiagoesteves

thiagoesteves OP

Hi @cmo , thanks for taking a look and by the feedback. Regarding:

  • Cloud support: The current implementation was built on top of AWS+terraform, but I have already set up some changes to support multiple clouds, the next one the list is GCP. The changes required for this feature is to allow the Release adapter to support GCP storage instead S3 and for the secrets, to support GCP secrets instead aws secrets.
  • NGINX: You are right, I didn’t mentioned nginx in the docs of DeployEx, but the project doesn’t have any dependency for the reverse proxy, it can be any reverse proxy, up to the configuration. I have an example of setting up DeployEx+NGINX in the Calori project if you want to check. But in any case, I will be improving the documentation soon.

KR
Thiago Esteves

thiagoesteves

thiagoesteves OP

:rocket: DeployEx v0.3.0 is Live! :rocket:

I’m excited to announce the launch of DeployEx v0.3.0! This release introduces amazing new features, including enhanced observability, tracing, logging, and much more! :tada:

Check out the full release notes to discover all the exciting updates since our last version:

DeployEx on GitHub

thiagoesteves

thiagoesteves OP

New DeployEx release - 0.3.2 - :rocket:

Check out the full release notes. It has moved all OTP features (including metrics) to Observer Web and embedded it using iFrame.

DeployEx on GitHub

thiagoesteves

thiagoesteves OP

:rocket: DeployEx release - 0.4.0 - :rocket:

This release introduces easier configuration management via a YAML file. After installation, updating settings—such as replicas, environment variables, and more—is as simple as editing the file and restarting DeployEx. Also, starting with this release, DeployEx will include builds compiled for Ubuntu 24.04, supporting both OTP 26 and OTP 27.
Stay tuned—exciting features are on the way, including support for running multiple Beam applications on the same node, all connected.

Repo: GitHub - thiagoesteves/deployex: The ideal project to supervise your Beam application (Elixir/Erlang/Gleam) · GitHub
Releases Changelog: Releases · thiagoesteves/deployex · GitHub

thiagoesteves

thiagoesteves OP

:rocket: DeployEx release - 0.5.1 - :rocket:

Exciting updates in the latest DeployEx release! If you haven’t been following along, here’s what you’re missing:
:fire: What’s New:
:right_arrow: Multi-Application Management: DeployEx now handles multiple BEAM applications simultaneously across different languages - mix and match Elixir, Erlang, and Gleam applications in a single distributed cluster.
:right_arrow: Advanced Monitoring: Built-in monitoring for host memory, application atoms, processes, and ports with configurable thresholds and automated actions - all managed through simple YAML configuration.
:right_arrow: BEAM-Native Features: Discover powerful capabilities you might not know the BEAM ecosystem offers.
:light_bulb: Why This Matters:
:play_button: Deploy applications without containers
:play_button: Leverage hot upgrades for zero-downtime deployments
:play_button: Skip the Kubernetes complexity
:play_button: Access comprehensive logs and metrics without cloud vendor lock-in
:play_button: Reduce infrastructure costs significantly
Ready to show your DevOps team a simpler way to deploy and manage applications?
Share this with your colleagues and explore what container-free, cloud-independent deployment looks like (you may love it).

:desktop_computer: DeployEx (0.5.1)
repo: GitHub - thiagoesteves/deployex: The ideal project to supervise your Beam application (Elixir/Erlang/Gleam) · GitHub

:desktop_computer: Jellyfish (0.2.2)
repo: GitHub - thiagoesteves/jellyfish: This library facilitates the creation and management of appup files for Elixir applications, enabling hot upgrades (hot code reloading) · GitHub

:desktop_computer: Observer Web (0.1.10)
repo: GitHub - thiagoesteves/observer_web: [Production Safe] Phoenix Liveview Dashboard for Observability including Ports and Processes details, Tracing with erlang debugger, Beam VM metrics and much more · GitHub

11
Post #6
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

restlessronin
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub. Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
152 12366 136
New
type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ausimian
Castle is a package I put together to assist with building Elixir releases capable of being live-upgraded via the ‘official’ release hand...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
OndrejValenta
(I just needed to vent somewhere and LinkedIn is full of hope, or hype, I’m not sure which exactly) AI dream has many faces, but general...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews