seb5law
I am bound by company policy to use Windows for development (only WIndows admins present…) but the productive system schould run on a CentOS.
I tried deploying a simple Phoenix app (converting user input as markdown to html code) using distillery as described in the Using Distillery With Phoenix article but removing the Erlang ERTS by setting set include_erts: false in rel/config.exs and compiling Erlang from source on CentOS.
I tried running the app but nothing happens, when I run the app with the foreground command I get the following error that I don’t comprehend:
bin/markdownhtml foreground
{"init terminating in do_boot",{load_failed, [gen,ets,supervisor,proc_lib,lists,kernel,heart,gen_server,gen_event,file_io_server,file_server,filename,file,error_logger,erl_parse,erl_lint,erl_eval,code_server,code,application_master,application_controller,application,error_handler]}}
init terminating in do_boot ()
Crash dump is being written to: erl_crash.dump...done
Shutting down node cleanly..
Node is not running!
What should this error tell me except that something went wrong?
How else do you suggest should I deploy?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
There’s heavy doomer energy on many of the forum threads.
This community has traditionally been optimistic and forward thinking. Now th...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
bobbypriambodo
Most likely it is a compatibility issue. From Erlang crash dump man page:
Excluding ERTS often result in faulty behavior. For consistency I guess it’s probably best to always bundle it.
Now, since the host system (Windows) is different from the target (CentOS), you have four options:
Option 1 and 2 can be done on your host machine. Option 3 needs you to have an extra server for building releases, and that might not be feasible depending on your company. I don’t think option 4 is recommended though, but it’s possible. Be aware that all options requires your container/VM/machine to have Elixir installed.
seb5law
Thanks for the reply, I chose the docker variant, but run the entire application via a docker container based on msaraiva/elixir. The deployment process I used is almost the same as and derived from the one described in this article.